Art display or cruel humiliation

I guess all animals including humans eat by appeal of looking for healthy food, if you are a lion you look pretty tasty if you are jumpy zebra.
During thousands of years humans have turn food to look more appealing, appetising, opulent and eccentrically abundant. For simple reasons to please, impress or even prevent war.
Today our reasons are as vain as attract customers from a display window, making them believe that they will have a personal banquet.
But and for me is a big BUT, is the waste! Specially when is seafood, wow! We hear that our Oceans are suffering and we don't care! We are doing it for a moment, a moment were people will look at the window and might not look back!
My second big complain, and the reason why I am writing this post is because, about two years ago, I was walking down Piccadilly street and we stop to look a window display, were usually you see very abundant shellfish and big fishes. This time they had this massive octopus, just hanging. In my opinion that display belong to freak circus. Where does the line between a food display is an invitation to admire beautiful food and ingredients, from the cruelty of lifeless animal.
I am no vegetarian, but I do not agree with that kind of humiliation. So, what do you think, judge by yourself.  Would you go in and order octopus?

  

Comments