The Dairy


           I love eating in restaurants, actually is something that excites me and I am always looking forward. For those new spins and dishes with personality that creative Chefs are pleased to show.
The Dairy (Clapham), has been one of the most eye opening places I have visited this year. Honest, simple, creative, tasty, I can't ask for more. When we went, back in March, one of the people serving told us that they were pushing for a Michelin Star, I answered: if you don't get it, don't take it personal, you guys are doing the right thing, the food is amazing, the service is great (informal, but efficiently knowledgeable).To get a Michelin star is very Political, and sometimes has nothing to do with food.
        You know how I rate a place, if I can remember the flavours. If i can remember that pea puree, or the chicken juice, or the pickled carrot; those little details. After eating in some many places around the world, you can read when a Chef is cooking from the heart, head or even worst 'ego'.

Most Michelin Star restaurants forget to cook from the heart, they become a Technical machine, to please some "critics" that I don't even know if they are actually qualified to rate my food, or your establishment. My latest Michelin restaurant visit, (I will omit the name of the restaurant for conflict of interest) it was that, a beautiful visually technical perfection for every dish, although I agree on serving 3 things on the plate, but they have to be absolutely divine on your mouth. But, big disappointing on the the dessert, how can a beautiful, colourful and playful sweet dessert can be so rubbery and far from pleasant. Well, the answer goes back to pleasing the ego, choosing chemicals over good old cream and egg whites. The worst part, this "critics" choosing visual for flavour. 
I am Chef, I work in a restaurant,  but I will applaud any soul who cooks with passion no matter where or what with.

Here are some photos from the Dairy:








Comments