Moving back to the Restaurant life

Well, I must admit my Culinary career has been a roller coaster, I have done a bit of everything, the big restaurant, the spa hotel, the pastry shop, the small restaurant, the big hotel, the medium restaurant. I still don't know which one I enjoy the most. I like them all, and I have suffered them all.
Anyways, since I moved back into the Restaurant business, in this exciting new adventure at Avenue Restaurant, here are some photos of the transformation of the desserts that I have created or I have been told to do.... from the beginning of the opening of Avenue to 3 months into after the opening...



 Ginger-Rhubarb American Cheesecake: Creamy baked Cheesecake, incredible light, people even thought it was a set cheesecake! 


 Inspired from the McD's Apple pie, I did this yummy Bramley apple pie fritters, cook with brown sugar and cinnamon. Served with Vanilla custard and Vanilla Ice cream.

 The donut holes: most popular sharing dessert. Served with Chocolate Bourbon Sauce, Raspberry-Rose Jam and Vanilla Chantilly.

 Key Lime Pie Sunday: super light and fresh, (homemade) graham cookie crumble, key lime pie mix turn into a foam, layered with lime sorbet, topped with a lime steam meringue. This particularly dessert is very sentimental for me, is inspired by the Legendary Souffle de Limon, from my neighbour town San Rafael, Veracruz. 


Blood Orange Jelly: Beautiful, light and colorful, in contrast with Coconut Ice cream.

Pecan-Chocolate Brownie: warm, gooey, rich, full chocolate flavour. Great for chocolate lovers!

Well, this is the first part of the journey of the pastry section @ Avenue.


Comments